Thursday, January 1, 2009

Brookfield Zoo

Wow! Even though it was the kind of biting cold that makes your nose numb in 60 seconds, we still had alot of fun. Please, please, please overlook the awful quality of the pics. My camera doesn't do so well in sparse light, and lots of the exhibits wouldn't let you take pictures with flash which is of course understandable. But anyway, here you are!
This guy made me laugh. He just stood there like this while I took his picture!



The lighting was beautiful.

See that furry thing in the tree? That's a sloth!
This little furry shrew/squirrel type thing is soooo cute!
MONKEYS!!!

Another shrew squirrel thing.
This orangatang (however you spell that) is so funny looking! He just slept while everyone looked at him.
Hippo!
LOL, this gorilla kept taking straw and stuffing it under his butt to make a cushion :P Even funnier, one of the gorillas got put out and threw a handful of straw right at another! LOL it was worth the admission price just to see that!!!
Snakes! (My mom LOVES these! Um....kidding!)

Me by a froggie
And a sea turtle
Fishies!
That little gray ball curled up there, that's a chinchilla :)

I thought these were fun :)
An aldergator! (Calling all Jon and Kate plus 8 fans!)

More fishie-foos.
This grasshopper was ENORMOUS! Fascinating and horrifying....
The lighting is embarassingly bad but that's an owl right there, so precious!
One of my favorites...this little otter, it seemed, was putting on a show for us! I have a video and if I can figure out how to upload it it's pretty awesome!




Apparently these are from Illinois. *shudder* I'd hate to come across one of those swimming.
The Pachyderm House! The smelliest but most photogenic of them all!
This cheetah was walking around outside the Fragile Kingdom (Desert). This was taken with no zoom, pretty cool!

More otters! I love them!
;o)



Lastly, this bobcat of some sort...I thought it was interesting how his eyes glowed like that.
Anyways...let all of 2008 be turned into memories, learned lessons or forgotten and left in the past...and let 2009 be better then ever! :o)

1 comment:

Anna said...

You look so cute! Your coat doesn't look very warm, though... :) "Aldergator" I love Alexis on Jon and Kate plus 8! That's one of the things I miss from having cable. Glad you had fun at the zoo!