Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008...WOW!

Wow! What a year this was! Let's recount a little...what all did I do this year?

Firstly, the good:

- I was in 6 shows which is the most I've done in 1 year, EVER : Mulan, Placing Out, Mega-hits, Broadway Bound, Les Mis and Willy Wonka.
- I dyed my hair temporarily black for Mulan, I was a lead orphan for the premiere of Placing Out - I was the first Molly ever!
- I sang Goodnight my someone in Broadway Bound which was lots of fun.
- Then I did my favoritest show in the entire world-Les Mis-and got a small solo in it no less!!! Then in Willy Wonka I played my friend's mother and got very...very...very attached to that specific person in real life. Just ask him. ;p
- I think I really improved my relationship with God this year. I realized what matters in life and tried to apply that to my life. I've been trying extremely hard to cut down on things that are not God-glorifying, like gossiping. I'm actually happier then I've ever been doing/not doing all that.
- I saw my new second-fave movie - The Dark Knight...it was nothing short of amazing!
- Katarina and I became besties, though we were good friends before, this year we've really gotten close.
- I became obsessed with broadway musicals. I've always loved them but I as of earlier this year, I canNOT live without them!!! My current obsession is Urinetown (it's amazing! Despite its name LOL) of course Les Mis will always be my favorite though ;)
- American Eagle is my new favorite coaster at SFGAm - and I finally conquered Raging Bull! For a coaster nerd like me these are pretty big accomplishments :)

Now for the bad...

- The Car Accident, which deserves capital letters. Definitely the worst experience of my life and DEFINITELY not something I want to go through again!!!
- I was really angry that I didn't get a solo/duet in Mega-hits but in the end realized my talent doesn't belong to ME it belongs to GOD so who am I to judge? Although I still wish I had done Joseph with Rising Star instead. I could've rekindled friendships from Mulan and been in one of my fave shows ever! Grrrr...
- Even though I got closer to God I did and said some pretty sinful things that I'll always regret.
- I'm pretty sure I know what heartbreak is now. *sigh*

Happily though, the good overrules the bad and 2008 ended up being pretty darn amazing. I'm ready for 2009... As for resolutions, I don't have many.

I've improved myself spiritually and personally so much this year I don't think I can ask much more of myself next year, I just want to maintain my status.

One thing of course is driver's ed. AHH HELP ME! I'm terrified! Please God don't let me crash! (I know what it's like and I.do.not.want.to.go.there.again. Thankyouverymuch! :P)

I'd also like to get through my CTE graduation withOUT crying on stage. This is going to be a big challenge for me. I've been in CTE since I was 7 - that's more then half my life! But I'm really hoping I can do it!

Here's what I WANT to do:

Help out with the Yellow group instead of being in the summer show. I think I'll have more fun that way.
Try out for some sort of professional show, or America's Got Talent (depends but I'm definitely trying to do one of those things)
Lose a little weight. Mainly getting rid of that muffin top (tummy fat) so I can feel better about myself.
Just make it through 2009 in one piece, happy and healthy!

Anways...I wish you all a happy new year!!!!!! Goodbye '08...Welcome '09!!! :o)

No comments: