Thursday, May 1, 2008

Poor sweet doggie

I feel so bad for my sweet puppy today. :o(
Earlier I went outside to enjoy the beautiful (but humid) weather and rollerblade on my driveway. I didn't want either of the dogs to feel left out so I attached both of their collars to the same leash. BAD IDEA!!! I'm still not sure what drove me to do this. But I did....

The dogs seemed fine for awhile and I rollerbladed. Then suddenly (I don't know why!!!) Willie attacked Abby out of nowhere! He bit her and twisted her collar. Then he started pulling her collar and squeezing her neck, basically suffocating the poor girl. I tried so hard to tear them apart but they kept jerking away from me. I felt awful. I didn't realize Abby was suffocating until her tongue turned PURPLE and her eyes became extremely bloodshot. I was terrified and felt helpless. FINALLY I was able to take the leash of their collars. Poor, sweet sweet Abby ran away from Willie while I sat there sobbing. I know, I am dramatic. :oP

Well Willie went straight into his kennel and Abby is fine now, albeit bloody eyes which concerns Mom and I. She had some water and rest at least and seems fine now.


Now for Willie!!!!! Not just this time, he has attacked her lots and lots of times. For no reason. None at all. And these past few weeks he has been peeing multiple times (!!!) on the carpet. I am so angry at him. Just because he's jealous of Abby or what, I don't really care. *sigh*

At least the sweet, sweet puppy is fine now.

1 comment:

Anna said...

:( :( :( :( So sad.. poor Abby. I'm sure Willie wasn't purposely trying to kill her (he's not that smart!).. I'm glad she's ok!