Monday, March 3, 2008

Eureka

Have you ever had something said to you that really got you thinking even though you didn't want to think about it? Does that make sense? Well, I had that happen to me a couple weeks ago at my co-op (a one-day school where they send you home with loads of homework to complete over the week).

My friend Rachel and I are in Placing Out together and we know this friend of mine. On Rachel's first impression upon the silly way we treat each other she thought there was a little
something-something going on. (There isn't, we're just tight like, brother and sister) So she dubbed him my "Atheist Boyfriend" as he is, an atheist.

Of course, someone overhearing our conversation may actually think I DO have an atheist boyfriend, so my thoughtful friend mentioned to everyone that is was a joke. I added the infamous line "We're just friends." I got a look from a classmate that looked like it was saying, "You're friends with a non-believer?"

I am. He is a great friend. Does it bother me that is an atheist? A great deal.
Then.....why am I friends with him?

That was the question that came into my mind. I dismissed it. It came back. I thought it over.

Galatians 6:1-2
Brothers, if someone is caught in a sin, you who are spiritual should restore him gently. But watch yourselves, or you also may be tempted. Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.

I found the answer. What a reassurance and a relief it is, to find those answers!!!!

No comments: