Thursday, June 5, 2008

I am one red-hot "big sister"

Okay, let me begin by saying I adore little kids. They are just so sweet, and honest, and too darn cute :o) And when those kids I love, like the many in CTE who just make my rehearsal days, get hurt, I take the role as a "big sister" and I just get so MAD!!!

For instance, Adrianna is in the yellow (the youngest who are only 2nd-4th graders) group for the summer show. There is a new little girl name Jaiden who has already put a damper on the whole thing.

It started when she danced too fast and pushed Adrianna, who was the one doing it right. Makes me ticked enough (especially because that momentum made Ade push a boy in front of her), but then Jaiden goes off and tells another little boy that he's "bad luck" because he's Jewish. Now while I don't agree with the Jewish religion based on my own religion, it still made me mad that she would call him "bad luck" because of his (or more, his parent's) beliefs.

And now last night.....a little girl named Grace, who is one of my favorites (okay, lemme just clear the air, I don't like picking favorites but as you can SEE some kids in CTE are not so nice) suffers from juvenile diabetes. Well, Jaiden saw her insulin pump and inquired about it, and upon finding out about Grace she told her, flatly, "You're gonna die."

So, Grace being quite the sweet little girl, she has many friends who came to her defense. Jaiden kept saying, "What? She's gonna die!"

I am one angry young girl, because not only is Grace scared about her sickness as I can imagine, that girl rubbed salt in the wound. I am just so mad. That was a quick vent, everybody. I am off with Miss Ade and my Mum to look at flowers ;o)

No comments: