Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Summer dreaming......

I hate hate winter with a strong, deep, intense passion. I want summer. Now. But, since I've still at least 6 weeks or more to wait for it, imagining is as far as I'll get. So, I wrote a poem.

The sweet smell of freshly mowed grass,
fireflies lighting through the jar's glass.
Bright-colored batons thrown on the pool's bottom
I slip on my goggles and try to find them.
From the top tree branch my legs are hanging,
clearly I can hear the screen door banging.
Nimble frogs slip through my fingers,
but yet their earthy smell still lingers.
Now to the amusement park I will go,
where there are rides, built high and low!
Clickety-clack goes the coaster's chain lift,
and soon my stomach will downward shift!
The scorching sun shines high above,
preserving the summer I deeply love!

It's all I have to reminisce for now....

Stay safe, all you, on the slick roads. And for the ones living in warm climates....I envy you.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Great poem, Emma! I am wishing for summer, too.

I was hoping maybe you could put up some pictures of Willie and Abby! I really miss them (and all of you, too)! ;)

Love, Anna