Wednesday, December 24, 2008

31 Days of Joy (6 belated :P)

1. Baking day with Katarina, her sister Kayllan, and Adrianna. It was a BLAST and really got us all in the festive spirit...not to mention the extra sugar lying around doesn't hurt either, LOL :)


Firstly, the supplies:
Every year up until '05 or '06, all of us kids would cut out sugar cookies, wait for them to bake and decorate them with frosting and sprinkles together on our big table. But, once the older sibs started to get older we stopped doing it. *sigh* But then this year I took up the tradition with my friends...who aren't party poopers ;p (JK Anna!)

Cookies before:
And cookies after:

The traditional Angry Snowman was a hit!

This may look like an Angry Gingerbread Man but nope...he's just green with envy!!! Hehe, I'm such a dork 8)

Peanut clusters:


Peanut Butter Balls: (My personal fave-thanks Rachael for the recipe!!!)
Cream Cheese Mints.

Fudge and Meringue Kisses. (They're meringues with Kisses inside....they're amazing!!!)


Austrian shortbread.


2. Willie's antics. He's such an old grouch... ;p



Okay, he was just finishing a yawn, but I love how it looks like he's curling his lip at me :P




AHAHAHA, I just LOVE this one!!!!!!

3. Ade came yesterday and the day before, and is coming Friday. YAY! Unforunately she is not one for the camera, much to my dismay...these were the best shots I could get of her.



4. This space heater we have is a Godsend. The study gets FREEZING in the winter, due to the fact it's a bit detached from the rest of the house, if you know what I mean...but the space heater makes it even warmer then the other rooms. Ahhhh....
5. Ade and I found while we were playing the snow, that the incline of our lot (not a hill by any means, but an incline nonetheless) is sled-worthy and we actually had LOTS of fun doing so!!!
6. The wrap-up of this season and how great it's been. Everything is falling into place and once I get everything wrapped, I'm ready for Christmas. I cannot believe it's TOMORROW!!!
Well, I'm off the computer until tomorrow. I need to do things other then Oregon Trail, editing photos and listening to Urinetown :P Tonight I plan to watch Return of the King (Oh. Oh the MAGIC of those movies. They deserve a post all to themselves.), play board games with Laura, (something we do every year) take a nice hot bubble bath using the chocolate-scented bubble bath Katarina gave me for Christmas, drink hot chocolate and read our Christmas books.
Goodbye and goodnight to you all...have an AMAZING Christmas!!!
P.S. love you A&J, I miss you and have a good time with Miss Lou :)

1 comment:

Anna said...

I miss making sugar cookies! J and I didn't make them this year, but we did make gingerbread men! I can't believe Christmas is tomorrow. I took Lulu to the dog park today, thinking "there won't be anyone there since it's Christmas Eve" but I was so wrong!! Lulu made friends with a dalmatian and they ran around together. I wish I took a picture. Sounds like you have a nice Christmas Eve planned.. J and I are going to Williamsburg after church. I wish you could teleport here! (hehe, that's what I used to say to Jeremy before we got married).. :) I love you!!!