Thursday, July 24, 2008

"Oh, Canada..."

In five days I am going to my favorite place in ENTIRE world (okay, home and Great America are tied with it). My family owns (along with our relatives, it's not just us) a gorgeous cabin on a remote island in Lake Ontario. Oh boy, is it amazing there. Sure we don't have electricity (the fridge and stove run on gas, though) and we have to use an (albeit clean and sanitary) outhouse, but besides that (and the bugs) it's PARADISE. It's the first time we've gone since '05 (come to think of it, it's the first time we've even taken a family vacation in three years...) The only negative is, Anna and Jeremy can't make it. *sigh* Anna's love for Canada is on the same nostalogic level (does that make sense?) as mine. We just ADORE (I'm sure using capitals alot, aren't I? :oP) going to the island. Oh, but the fact that to save money we're not staying at a hotel in between is a stinker. Yes, we're attempting to make the fifteen-hour car trip in one day. Triple :oP :oP :oP Of course, it may not be my place to say so, as I'm the only one who doesn't drive, LOL :o)

Still, I have to get aLOT of things done in 5 days. I have to:

  • Pack (that's obvious)
  • Clean my room (which is a pigsty, therefore a big job, and I want to be able to relax when we return)
  • Do laundry, for the trip and after, which includes clothes, towels and sheets
  • Go shopping for snacks and car activities
  • Vacuum out the van (I volunteered to do this, since again, I won't drive)
  • Vaccum my room
  • Put all my songs onto my new IPOD! :o) Which hasn't gotten here yet but it's coming!
  • Find someone to take of Eponine (Katarina said she would actually, so consider that checked)
  • Clean Ep's cage before taking her to her caretaker. Give her millet and lots of love.
And what I've got going on, which prevents me from doing those things:
  • Tomorrow: Broadway Bound, a show that my good friend asked me to be in, yay!
  • Saturday: Nothing, and that will be my free day.
  • Sunday: Church, of course, and The Dark Knight - woohoo!!!!!
  • Monday: Les Mis practice (another woohoo!)
To be honest I like it better having lots to do. It makes the wait go faster. As of 3 a.m. I have 4 days to get everything done! Adrianna isn't coming until after vacation; I love her dearly but we've been squabbling a bit lately so it will be good to take a break.

Have a GREAT weekend everyone :o)

1 comment:

Anna said...

:( I'm so sad I'm not coming to Canada. Next year we'll make it, hopefully. Emma, are you doing your own laundry now? That's crazy. You are growing up (sniff sniff) Lol. I was watching the Today show this morning, and Miley Cyrus was giving a concert. She's only like a year older than you, and it made me realize how old you are getting (not that Miley Cyrus is a good example, hehe). I was like, "She's supposed to be a little girl, still!" Anyway, I miss you and love you! I'm sad that you guys aren't coming to visit us :( Maybe for your Spring Break next year, you can come. Oh well! This is a long comment... Love, Anna