Sunday, August 17, 2008

Makes me mad.

That 'Tropic Thunder' has gotten to be the top box office. I'm not neccessarily angry about Dark Knight getting knocked down - it's been long enough, as amazing as that movie is :o)

But what makes me angry is that movie itself. I haven't seen it-not allowed, anyway-but I have heard that it makes fun of "retards" and uses the word incorrectly at least a dozen times.

I HATE IT! All those sweet, generous, sensitive human beings getting made fun of. To me, it does not matter what one's IQ is - those with some mental disabilities or Down Syndrome are, in a good amount of ways, even better then those who are supposedly "perfect".

Because, World, they love with all their hearts. If you are nice to them, they treat you with utmost kindness, regardless of your looks or style and whatnot, simply because they are returning the favor. I just love how they see life so simply and uncomplicated. Who cares if they don't know the names of all the states, or long division, or how water boils. They are good examples of love and affection and most importantly, they can accept the Gospel and beyond that, nothing else matters.

Just thought I'd let the World know what one teenager thinks of THAT!

No comments: