Monday, April 28, 2008

On Saturday

I had a great time.....though it was chilly and VERY windy....SO windy....and lots of the rides were closed. :o( But, my Dad and my friend Katarina and I stuck through it and ended up having a fabulous day. Kat had never been to Six Flags, nor on a roller coaster taller then 10 feet :oP And so I wanted to make sure I didn't push her on to fast. Well, I sort of tried at one point on the Batman roller coaster (it has 5 upside-downs, and your feet are dangling) but she got so nervous she was shaking and pale so I let her stand it out while I rode. Later, though, she went on it with me and loved loved it.

I was able to get on 17 (!!) rides, Kat did 15 (she sat out on, you know, Batman and Vertical Velocity, a yellow coaster where they launch you and you rock back and forth between two towers. More scary and FUN then it sounds believe you me!!!!) because the crowds were so light. Surprising for opening day! Yes, we almost made it to the gate for the chain drop but there was some issue with the parking booth so we were 5 minutes late *sigh*

The day passed without anything bad happening except we got stuck on Iron Wolf!! Iron Wolf is a looping, stand-up roller coaster. Yes, you heard me, stand-up. We were stuck on the lift hill for about 10 minutes according to the ride operator but it felt like a half-hour. Kat and I were NOT happy campers :oP

Oh, and American Eagle, an old and bumpy wooden roller coaster, could very well be my favorite ride of them all. We rode it FOUR times in a row!!! You see, I did the Eagle two years ago and did NOT like it so I never did it again until Saturday, when my bravery level was high :oD And I loved, loved, LOVED it!! :o)





Gah....now I want to go again!!

No comments: