Saturday, October 11, 2008

Getting Sick

Such a great weekend. Yesterday, St. Charles Scarecrow Festival. A bunch of kids from Willy Wonka performed...I got to sing my song, yay! But the best part of the day...not seeing the creative scarecrow entries lined up, not going on a extremely fun, butterflies-in-stomach inducing ride, not having CTE win a draw of $100...nope, imagine my surprise when two performers from Chicago came up and sang...they were Glinda and Elphaba from WICKED!!!!! WOW!!! I LOVE Wicked (well duh, my blog is named after one of the songs :-P) and I got to sit up reeaally close (a matter of feet!) and get a picture with the two!!!

Oh, but let me tell you, wearing the "Willy Wonka uniform" (consisting of a YELLOW t-shirt and jeans--all I had were skinny. Cute but stiff, itchy, and uncomfortable) combined with the fruity perfume I was wearing attracted millions upon millions of bees to me. ARGH! I have NO use for the creatures, especially since I hate honey :( Oh, you think I'm exaggerating?

I think all the walking around in the hot weather I did took its toll on me...I woke up feeling all (for lack of a better term) 'germified' and hardly well enough to babysit 4 sweet kids tonight. I think my body is desperately warding off sickness since it feels SO good to sneeze. I'm helping my immune system along with healthiness galore and tons of water.

Anyway! Tomorrow is P'Pa's marathon...hopefully I'm better by tomorrow...as it's always so much fun and let's not forget eating at Uno's...mmmmm :)

1 comment:

Anna said...

Did you have fun babysitting for the Holstroms? I didn't know they had 4 kids now! What's their 4th kid named (boy or girl)?? Wait, is his name Thomas... maybe I do know about him. Or is that the other boy's name?

Can you put up a pic of you with the Wicked people? That is so cool!