Thursday, January 31, 2008

Something that made me mad, something that made me happy....and a birthday!

First of all, happy birthday Anna!

What made me mad:
I've been, well, wanting a few things lately. And of course, to get those things, I need money don't I? Well, my family doesn't know any people who need kids to be babysat for....so I thought I would get some advice on how to find a "job" sort of nannying, I guess you could say, or a mother's helper. So I asked on Yahoo! Answers, how I could find someone in need through something online, at the age I am (Almost 14). Some of the answers were kind and helpful. Others, however:
"As a parent i wouldn't hire you to be a nanny at your age because you don't have enough experience with kids enough to fully understand caring for little ones. It's not all playing games and fun."
Okay....when did I say it would be all fun and games? When did I say I was immature and did not understand kids? And when did I say I wanted to be a full-time, home-alone nanny? Never, is the answer to those questions. And what makes me angry is, this answer seemed so randomly written that I got the "vibe" this person just wanted to pick on someone. It's sad how that is.

Anyway! The thing that made me happy:
Last night was youth group, and instead of a testimony we had prayer requests and a small circle. I shared the story of my friend who is an atheist....and how he won't listen to anything I say about God. I asked them to help me influence him without words. And I got encouragement!
Also on Friday night, before Mulan opening night, I got a few Christian friends in a circle and we prayed, one by one, and somehow the word spread and soon we had at least 15 kids in the circle. My friend (who is the non-smiling type) came up to me, smiling, and asked me if it was me who got that together to which I answered "Yes." He responded with "Good." I felt proud that it all came together like that.

Well that's my thoughts for the day. I'll post when I have something interesting to say.....

No comments: